January 26, 2006

The Once Per Week Project

I've always been interested in seeking out uniqueness among the mundane. Also, slight changes over time have always captivated me for some reason. Perhaps that's why my major in college was evolutionary biology? Anyway, when Hoang got pregnant, I convinced her it would be a cool idea to take a picture of her every week to document the changes her body underwent. Luckily for me, she wasn't too uptight about the idea and more or less complied when asked (and even smiled in every one except Week 8). And now that she's all done and nearly back to her fighting weight, it's really quite fascinating to scroll the through the pictures. Unfortunately for you, the very nature of these photos is such that I won't be sharing them with the blogosphere. Perhaps when we're all old and gray and we've lost all sense of youthful discretion... Or, I guess we can be bought off too.

Once Damian was born, it immediately occurred to me to continue snapping a photo each week of his young life. I plan on continuing this until he's old enough to put up enough of a fight to disallow it. However, I'm banking on him being able to read this at that point and understand the greater implications of allowing me to keep it up. I'm already chuckling to myself at the prospect of him, 18 years from now, asking his Yale (or Harvard/Berkeley/MIT) roomie to snap a picture of him every Wednesday night. Hey... It could happen. Now, imagine if you will, that he keeps it up long past my life, all the way until the end of his. A weekly portrait of the handsome devil from conception through his entire life. MoMa, you have my email address.


Birth Day


One Week Old


Two Weeks Old


Three Weeks Old


A Surly 4 Weeks Old


Five Weeks Old


Six Weeks Old


Seven Weeks Old


Eight Weeks Old


Tough guy at 9 weeks


10 Weeks Old


Scary at 11 Weeks Old


12 Weeks Old


13 Weeks Old - What a Blur!


14 Weeks Old


Just tryin' to get by at 15 weeks old


Sleeping the way he sleeps at 16 Weeks


First spoon food at 17 weeks


Going NUTS on the ladybug at 18 weeks


Fresh and Clean at 19 (weeks)


20 Weeks Old


Our little sweet potato at 21 weeks old


22 Weeks old


Fatbody at 23 Weeks


24 Weeks - and eating in a highchair


Enjoying the Tour de France with Papa at 25 weeks


Meeting his rubber duck in Week 26

Go on to Part 2!
Damian Home
Besetting Vice Home
eXTReMe Tracker